Web Designer (volunteer, part-time)
At Child & Family Connections, we believe that everyone thrives when the work is important, challenging, rewarding, and fun. So our volunteers are treated like staff, given the same level of responsibility (and accountability) and access to leadership and organizational information as part of our team. Our staff all work virtually, usually from the comfort of home or anywhere else conducive to doing great work. This allows us to dedicate nearly all of our funding to direct service programs, helping families at risk. The ability (and interest) in working independently is required. For the most part, you can make your own hours. Not a morning person? No problem! Prefer working from the comfort of your home or from your favorite coffee shop? You decide!
Faint whimper in the distance…
Child & Family Connections is in need of a web design hero to save us from the uninspiring, the aesthetically unpleasing, and the neglected. The role is about 3-4 hours/week, sometimes less. Our hero will have a large degree of flexibility while helping CFC achieve our goals.
To start, we have a number of projects that need your expertise:
- Conduct a website audit
- Create a cohesive and smart design strategy
- Clean wax, buff, and polish the site
- Maintain and enhance our ‘brand’ focus
Experience & Abilities Requirements
- Is a professional designer
- Is reliable and trustworthy
- Has a fantastic eye for design and communication
- Well-versed in Photoshop, WordPress, PowerPoint
- Loves fonts
- Has 3-4 hours (on average) per week
- Can respond to small requests in a timely manner
- Has a compassionate heart and wants to make a difference in the lives of families living with mental illness
If this sounds like your type of opportunity and you’d like to help families in need, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume or CV and a link to your portfolio and tell us a little about yourself.